- Converted traffic signals to LED lighting in 2006.
- Converted City parking lot lighting to LED technology (p. 2) in fall 2009. Changes could reduce energy costs by approximately 50%.
- San Ramon was awarded federal Energy Efficiency and Conservation funds to convert approximately 600 high-pressure sodium streetlights to light-emitting diode (LED) technology on on Alcosta Boulevard, San Ramon Valley Boulevard and Bollinger Canyon Road in 2010/2011
- The City developed a strategy to complete the successful the conversion of as many fixtures as possible to LED. Download the City of San Ramon’s Presentation (1.7MB PPT)
- San Ramon encourages the use of energy saving devices (p. 2) for lighting, computers, windows, roofing materials and HVAC systems.
- The 1/21/11Addendum to the 2030 General Plan addresses Energy Conservation (p.5-2). The FEIR found that the General Plan 2030 (2010) would not result in an excess of energy consumption.